Success in curbing homelessness is achievable if proper prevention strategies are employed. Some of the procedures applied include;
- Homelessness prevention programs make sure that there are no reported cases of homeless. The initiative consists of recommended policies and approaches which deal with homelessness at the structural stages.
- The public health model of prevention has for long be useful in curbing issues that result in homelessness.
- A framework for homelessness prevention offers strategies on how to approach the issue of homelessness differently. The initiative aims at preventing homelessness instantly and offering people an opportunity to access affordable housing.
- Effective prevention for homelessness calls for the intervention of the homelessness, health, justice, education, and housing sectors. Other systems such as the government and other sectors need to work together to solve homelessness’s significant causes.
- Practical approaches on how patients are discharged from hospitals, transformational on mental health facilities, and housing facilities will reduce homelessness.
- Host Homes in the UK, Reconnect Program, and Geelong Programs in Australia curb homelessness by addressing women violence and school-based issues among the teens.
Long-term solutions such as helping the homeless get adequate, cost-effective, and secure housing are more sensible in preventing homelessness. Fair, safe, and affordable housing is a human right according to International Covenant on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights (ICESCR).